These deep-fried spring rolls are light and crispy, stuffed with tender-crisp vegetables, chicken, and shrimps, and should have crackling sound with every bite. This recipe follows the Cantonese style spring rolls which are perfect as the starter or as dessert for any Asian-inspired meal.
Cooking Time15 minsServes20
Cooking Time15 mins
- 75g mung bean vermicelli
- 100g chicken breast
- 50g shrimps
- 50g shallots
- 100g yam bean
- 25g of carrot
- 10g of spring onion
- 10g fresh coriander
- 1tsp salt
- 30ml fish sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 20 pieces Spring roll wrappers
- Soak the mung bean vermicelli in water until soft, and drain.
- Cut the chicken breast meat, shrimps and onions into small cubes
- Cut the carrots and yam bean into fine julienne.
- Cut the spring onion into small pieces
- Heat up the oil in a wok, stir-fry the chicken meat until cooked.
- Add the shrimps, and continue to stir-fry until it is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Mixed the shrimp and chicken with all other ingredients.
- Wrap the spring rolls like making a burrito and use egg yoke to act as gum to secure the seal at the folding.
- Heat up the oil in the wok or deep fat fryer to approx 350°F/175°C.
- Deep fry the spring rolls for 5 minutes until they turn golden brown.