Prawn Chung Fung
Prawn Chung Fung (Cantonese steamed rice noodles) is a favourite breakfast dish and can be easily steamed in an ACK steamer. This dish is best served with a delightful sauce to elevate the flavour of the prawns.
Cooking Time10 minsServes2
Cooking Time10 mins
- 110g rice flour
- 40g corn starch
- 50g wheat starch
- 500ml water
- a tiny pinch of salt
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 70g chopped prawns
- 50g chopped spring onion
- 1/2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp rock sugar
- 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- In a bowl, mix together rice flour, corn starch, wheat starch, salt, water and oil and set aside for 5 minutes
- Lightly grease a steaming tray
- Pour a thin layer of the mixture just enough to cover the base.
- Steam in an ACK steamer for 1 minute.
- Scatter chopped prawns and spring onion over the mixture.
- Cover and continue to steam for 2 minutes.
- Transfer out, use a knife to separate the edges from the pan. Roll it up to a 2-3cm wide tube and if preferred cut into bite size sections.
- Serve with garnishes and sauce.