Har Gow is a traditional Cantonese dumpling served in dim sum. These steamed crystal shrimp dumplings are one of the most popular and tasty dim sum.
Cooking Time20 minsServes18
Cooking Time20 mins
For the dough
- 65g cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tsp oil
For the filling
- 225g shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 50g bamboo shoots (finely chopped)
- To create the filling mix together all ingredients apart from the bamboo shoots until the mixture starts to look sticky.
- Add the chopped bamboo shoots, and slowly mix everything together. Set aside.
- To make the dough mix the wheat starch and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Slowly add in the boiling water, while stirring rapidly.
- Add the oil and stir continuously.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes, until it turns into a smooth dough ball.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder, and divide it into 18 equal pieces.
- Take one piece of dough and roll it into a 3” diameter circle. Add a spoonful of filling and fold the dumpling into a crescent shape..
- Steam the har gow shrimp dumplings for 6-7 minutes in an ACK Steamer.