For the dough
- 65g cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tsp oil
For the filling
- 225g shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 50g bamboo shoots (finely chopped)
- To create the filling mix together all ingredients apart from the bamboo shoots until the mixture starts to look sticky.
- Add the chopped bamboo shoots, and slowly mix everything together. Set aside.
- To make the dough mix the wheat starch and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Slowly add in the boiling water, while stirring rapidly.
- Add the oil and stir continuously.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes, until it turns into a smooth dough ball.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder, and divide it into 18 equal pieces.
- Take one piece of dough and roll it into a 3” diameter circle. Add a spoonful of filling and fold the dumpling into a crescent shape..
- Steam the har gow shrimp dumplings for 6-7 minutes in an ACK Steamer.