- 1 pork belly with skin on – approx 1.5kg
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 200g rock salt
- With a sharp metal skewer make lots of holes all over the skin of the pork belly.
- Rub the flesh with Shaoxing wine and then sprinkle over five spice powder, salt and pepper. Rub all over flesh.
- Turn skin side up and place in a container. and chill for 12 hours
- Transfer pork to baking tray. Brush skin with vinegar.
- Spread rock salt on the skin and roast in an roaster oven at 200°C.
- Roast for 90 minutes until skin is golden, crispy and puffed.
- To serve, slice into 2-2.5cm cubes.