Crispy Pork belly with juicy seasoned meat and the crunchiest crackling makes this recipe one of the most popular at many of our customers’ restaurants.
Cooking Time90 minsServes8
Cooking Time90 mins
- 1 pork belly with skin on – approx 1.5kg
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 200g rock salt
- With a sharp metal skewer make lots of holes all over the skin of the pork belly.
- Rub the flesh with Shaoxing wine and then sprinkle over five spice powder, salt and pepper. Rub all over flesh.
- Turn skin side up and place in a container. and chill for 12 hours
- Transfer pork to baking tray. Brush skin with vinegar.
- Spread rock salt on the skin and roast in an roaster oven at 200°C.
- Roast for 90 minutes until skin is golden, crispy and puffed.
- To serve, slice into 2-2.5cm cubes.