Beef Ho Fung
Beef Ho Fung is a classic Cantonese dish made with fresh flat ho fun rice noodles and tender marinaded beef slices. A simple dish to prepare and then cook in about 5 minutes. If you’re using an ACK gas or induction wok cooker turn up the heat to medium high.
Cooking Time5 minsServes4
Cooking Time5 mins
- 300g beef steak cut thinly
- 3 spring onion
- 1/2 onion
- 750g fresh ho fung noodles
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy
- 1/2 tbs shaoxing cooking wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 tbs water 1/4 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 5 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Set the wok cooker to a medium high heat and add a a drizzle of oil to your ACK wok.
- Once the wok is hot, add in the marinaded beef and cook it for about 1-2 minutes
- Remove the beef and set aside for later
- Add in a further drizzle of oil, and when hot add the onion and cook for about 1 minute.
- Then add in the ho fung noodles and mix in the sauce. The noodles will then start to soften up. Always keep moving the noodles around the wok to avoid them sticking.
- After 2 minutes add the beansprouts, spring onions and the cooked beef and quickly toss it into the noodles and turn off the heat.
- Continue to toss everything together and let the bean sprouts and green onions cook with the residual heat from the pan.